RFG is the representative body for UK rail freight. Working with 120 member companies, we campaign to increase the amount of goods moved by rail by influencing Government and rail policy. We are looking to recruit a policy manager, reporting to the Director General, to help support this work.
The key tasks will include:
- Helping to develop RFG policy positions
- Responding to consultation requests and papers
- Communicating the RFG’s policies and views to industry bodies, government departments and other stakeholders
- Working with member companies to develop and promote policies
- Promoting policy through articles, papers, presentations and meetings as required.
- Any other reasonable activities in support of the RFG’s work
Applicants should demonstrate:
- A good working knowledge of the UK rail policy environment, and preferably of the rail freight sector;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to articulate complex areas to non-experts
- Experience in stakeholder management across a broad range of organisations and people, including finding consensus within a range of different views
- The ability to work independently and to be proactive in support of the RFG’s aims
This job is offered on a part-time basis and supports flexible working options. Some travel will be required, including occasional overnight stays. Salary band is between £20k-£25K for a three-day week although there will be some flexibility for exceptional candidates.
The employee will be required to comply with all relevant RFG policies. To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Monday 18 November 2019.