RFG’s Annual Scottish Conference will be held at the DoubleTree Hotel, in Bellshill on Wednesday 4 March 2020 tackling the challenges and opportunities for rail freight traffic in Scotland. We are delighted to welcome Michael Matheson MSP, Cabinet Secretary for Transport, Infrastructure and Connectivity, as our keynote speaker.
The conference, kindly sponsored by PD Stirling, will run from 9 am- 1 pm followed by lunch and then an optional tour of the Mossend International Railfreight Park (MIRP). There will also be an informal dinner at the hotel the evening before (3 March).
Confirmed speakers on the day include:
- David Cross and David Stirling from PD Stirling, who will discuss the Mossend Rail Freight Terminal and examine some of the latest opportunities for new rail freight traffic in Scotland.
- Andy Saunders, Delivery Director, FNPO, Network Rail.
- Morwen Mands from Highland Spring and Ken Russell from the Russell Group, who will discuss building a rail freight terminal and developing rail services.
- Daniel Kong, Head of Business Development at Opinsta, who will examine new mobile applications used by the West Coast Main Line and their potential for rail freight.
- Jane Mason, Trust Administrator, EWS Education Trust, who will speak on funding for educating family members of rail freight workers.
- Alastair Dalton, Transport Correspondent, The Scotsman, who will ask: ‘A higher media profile for rail freight? Careful what you wish for!’.
Lunch will be served after the conference at 1 pm and transport for the site visit to Mossend Rail Freight Terminal will leave at 2pm.
Limited accommodation is on hold for the night of the 3 March at the Doubletree Hotel at £135 B&B.
Please quote the Rail Freight Group when booking Tel 01698 395 553
Accommodation cannot be guaranteed.