RFG Webinar, 8.30am, Wed 27 July
Update on the RSSB T1256 and T1264 research projects on the introduction of Digital Auto Couplers (DAC) and redefining coupler strength
Following the recent completion of these project, Ralph Goldney, Railfreight Consulting, will cover:
• Update on the European project to require the introduction of DAC across the entire UK wagon fleet
• Results of the T1264 research project defining the costs, benefits and Cost benefit assessment for the introduction of DAC into the UK
• Discussion of the next steps for DAC implementation
• Results of the T1256 project which has upwardly redefined the strength of the couplers within the UK fleet
• Demonstration of a new geographical model which uses these improved strengths and improved geographical granularity to enable the calculation of improved trailing weights based on coupler strength
• Discussion of the next steps for the implementation of these revised strengths and the supporting model
You are invited to a Zoom webinar.
When: Jul 27, 2022 08:30 PM London
Topic: Digital Auto Couplers – update on research and introduction in the UK
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.